Submit a Project
We presently have funding to support ‘North of 55′ projects – please apply below!
We are also seeking projects that would like to be profiled on the crowd-funding platform – please apply below!
Small Change Fund provides micro-grants to grassroots initiatives addressing sustainability issues from coastal protection to building urban food systems to reconnecting youth with the land. We work with individuals, institutional funders, and other partners to harness critical support for grassroots leaders and innovators. We discover and support grassroots leaders in realizing their vision; facilitate advisor-led grant-making that taps the local knowledge, trust, and intuition of our volunteers who are located coast-to-coast-to-coast; profile grassroots initiatives on our crowd-funding platform smallchangefund.org; and connect donors to grassroots initiatives that advance national and international environmental sustainability priorities.
The application form (below) is for organizations that want their initiatives profiled on our crowd-funding platform and want to participate with us at developing communication tactics that will bring online traffic and donors to their project. Due to the nature of our crowd-funding model, we are unable to guarantee that you will receive full or partial funding, but we do guarantee that we will work with you to help you reach your fundraising goals. From the time of our inception in 2009 we have proudly facilitated over 130 grants to grassroots initiatives across Canada from the 158 projects we profiled on our site!
Let’s combine our efforts to reach your fundraising goals!
Meeting the Small Change Fund Criteria
Please review Small Change Fund’s Guiding Principles for Projects in order to ensure that your project meets our criteria.
Our Approval and Funding Model
- Your project application is received.
- Our staff reviews if your application meets SCF’s criteria. (1 week)
- Our group of expert Advisors reviews your project and determines if your proposed initiative is aligned to SCF’s Guiding Principles for Projects (1-3 weeks) in order to be profiled on smallchangefund.org.
- If approved, you will receive an “Approval Consent Letter” which you will need to agree to before moving ahead with the activation of your project on smallchangefund.org.
- Your application will be activated and open to the general public for fundraising at smallchangefund.org (active for a period no longer than 4 months). Please remember that the promotion of your project is key for the fundraising success of your initiative.
- Once the fundraising goal is reached and your project has been successful in raising funds and/or the 4-month activation period has expired, you will receive a “Grant Agreement Letter” to ensure the disbursement of funds to your organization and the provision of a simple report to SCF.
- Your organization receives the funds raised!
IMPORTANT: SCF recommends that you complete your application in our downloadable PDF form. Once completed, please input the contents of your application on the Submission Form below. This secures your application from any Internet malfunction. [ Download PDF Form ].